Catholic Health Care Leadership Program OverviewThe CHSO Mission Leadership Program is a formation program designed for lay people in leadership in Catholic health and social service organizations. It supports the vital knowledge, skills and abilities required to carry out their distinct responsibilities as Mission Leaders. The Mission Leadership Program explores the core elements of Catholic health care formation and the fundamentals of Catholic Social Teaching. By the end of the Program, participants will better understand the history and legacy of Catholic health care in Canada, and how it is now their responsibility to continue the legacy. As part of this responsibility, participants will also recognize that they are mission leaders and will represent the Church in today’s modern world. This program provides an open discussion of Catholic Church history and provides participants an opportunity to discuss what this means, possible implications, and opportunities for growth and learning. As part of the program content and reflective exercises, participants will think about how they will apply program learnings at their workplace as compassionate leaders with an emphasis on today’s issues and opportunities, such as Truth and Reconciliation, cultural safety, and equity and inclusion.
The Learning ProcessThe program is divided into three modules, each consisting of three days of immersive learning. Taking place over nine months, by the end of the program, leaders will envision the significance of working in a Catholic health care organization and how to navigate the ethical demands of their position. Participants are encouraged to leave work at work and live together for the three modules.
Program ObjectivesBy the end of the Program, participants will be able to:
- Practice the art of self-reflection in relation to your purpose and meaning to serve in your organization
- Explain the unique role of the history and mission of the Catholic Church in health and social services within today’s society
- Articulate with comfort and an enriched vocabulary how your leadership upholds the vision of a health organization with Catholic identity
- Reflect on mission, values and ethics, as well as the principles of Catholic Social Teaching in relation to your leadership, organization and the importance of inclusion
- Discuss Catholic church teachings, possible implications and challenges, and identify opportunities to bring clarity and understanding, as well as growth and learning
- October 19 – 21 Location: Videoconference at 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. 2021 MLP Module 1 Agenda
- February 1 (2 p.m.) – February 3 (3 p.m.) Location pending pandemic restrictions: Queen of Apostles Renewal Centre, Mississauga, ON
- May 24 (2 p.m.) – May 26 (3 p.m.) Location pending pandemic restrictions: Invermara, Orillia ON