Purpose of the Living the Mission Award
To recognize people or teams from CHSO member organizations who have made a significant contribution over a sustained period to the advancement of Catholic health care in Ontario. The award is to acknowledge the highest level of excellence demonstrated and recognized day-to-day expression of Mission. The Living the Mission Award recipient has inspired and mentored others, carried the mission to the next generation of leaders, and is a beacon of servant leadership.
Who is Eligible?
The Living the Mission Award is open to all individuals who meet the criteria outlined below. This includes both lay people and religious. This includes individuals who are employed, or have been employed, at any level or capacity in a CHSO member organization; as well as persons who hold, or have served in, such roles as Board member, resource person, advisor, or mentor.
Criteria – Each Nominee
• Champions the value of Catholic healthcare today, the healing ministry of Jesus, and the gospel mission.
• Reflects Catholic healthcare’s concerns for the vulnerable.
• Embodies the organization’s mission, vision, and values, and integrates mission into daily operations.
• Articulates the value of Catholic health care and enables others to do the same.
• Inspires, mentors, and supports others to embrace the organization’s mission, and has an impact on forming a new generation of Catholic healthcare leaders.
• Demonstrates a commitment to performance excellence and high-quality program and service delivery.
• Embraces the principle of collaboration, and the value of organizations working together to create a high-quality integrated health care system.
Submit a narrative up to 500 words that demonstrates the nominee’s achievements as they relate to the Mission Award criteria.
Submissions can be made by individuals, groups, or on behalf of an organization.
Submission Deadline: Friday, March 5, 2021
Send nominations to Beth Johnson, President and CEO
The recipient of the Living the Mission Award will receive:
• Artwork to commemorate recognition in perpetuity.
• $2,500 to further mission leadership education.
• Co-presenter of next year’s Living the Mission Award.